The «Wilden Mann» then and now…
The «Wilden Mann» was first mentioned in old Lucerne in 1517, and then again in 1529, as a pub without a license to operate as a tavern. However, such a license is mentioned in records of the year 1726. The main building was originally a washhouse; the stables on its ground floor were removed when the «Wilden Mann» was listed as a hotel in 1860.
In the course of the 19th century the hotel was extended, eventually comprising a total of six land parcels.
»read more about the history